Sunday, December 15, 2013

"Ertls and Ertls" of Best Chritmas Wishes


Well ...  ERTL's or oodles, which ever you prefer.  Yesterday I found this tiny ERTL 
(brand name) collectible at Tractor Supply (oh how I love the Tractor Supply)  and today it's new Christmas decor.  It joins my hippo under glass from a couple years ago, a tribute to my favorite Christmas song "I want a Hippo for Christmas".   
 and Santa and Mrs. Claus shopping for a new '57 Ertle
I plan to make a Santa Barn or two I've made several and never kept one for myself  :)
tutorial here:

I've been on a blogging and crafting hiatus for months, lost my mojo some how, I do like to recycle Christmas photos, so I made my cousin a shadow box using the card she sent me with her kids pics ... she boo hoo'd  I think that means she liked it  :)  
bad angle but you get the idea

Last April (April) my daughters "boyfriend" asked for her hand in marriage ... I cried, we hugged, and it was to remain a secret until the ring was in hand ... the boy agonized over ring styles and choices (he did good!) but finally in October he proposed.  Between both of their schedules I feared I would die never seeing them marry !!   He also wanted the proposal to be unique and special and agonized over the "how to",  so finally he asked if I'd help ... if you knew me, you'd be saying "how on earth did you manage to keep your mouth shut for so long???" Whew it was hard but once given the reigns I ran ... so I've spent much of my free time over the last few months making "it" happen.  It turned out beautiful.  We managed to keep it a surprise.  Here's a couple pics.  To get the pics a very sweet photographer, with permission of the "boy", crawled around in the dark and got a whole bunch of great pics !!   Wedding date 10-18-14  in Nashville, and the church is booked !!
 
I am a faithful reader of blogs, and follow many, so I am lurking in blogland and on pinterest.  Who knows when I will be on here next, but until then, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.   Elaine

14 comments:

  1. Hey E! I did get your message the other day and would love to do a swap with you sometime. lets talk after christmas about it!
    have a great day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been admiring your Christmas Santa barn tutorial. It's absolutely amazing. So many special details. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year planning your daughter's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loved this post! First of all, I must run to Tractor Supply here and see if they have any of those cute cars. Second, CONGRATULATIONS on the exciting upcoming event and for keeping the secret. How wonderful that your future son-in-law confided in you. Super cute photo of the couple : ) They are getting married on my oldest daughters' birthday - so I will be thinking of them too. Hope to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for stopping by and Tractor Supply has a photo contest on their FB page you should ck it out :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, Elaine! I could have sworn I was a follower...will fix that right away! I couldn't answer your comment by email about the Christmas tree box...so here goes! Since the tree and box are over 3 ft. high, I knew it would be hard to store. So I kept the tree separate from the box and just set it on top. The box is pretty heavy with all the doodads attached to it, so it works out pretty good. I've seen others with smaller trees that I like...they would probably have a lower center of gravity...lol! I'm thinking of making an Easter themed one with one of the planters, as an addition to the "Easter Parade" some of us started last year. By the way I just love little old cars and trucks done up for Christmas...I had to get a red truck this year! So much fun! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THX Shirley it may take a couple more years but I have to make one :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations of your daughters engagement and pending wedding...2014 will be a FUN year for you and your family....Merry Christmas!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Carol looking forward to it and remembering all the fun things you did for your sons !

      Delete
  6. Looks like we will be busy next year with WEDDINGS! How special that he had you help him with the engagement! My future son in law is WONDERFUL!!! I think the memory box is a wonderful gift! You should make yourself a little Christmas barn or something!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy wedding planning :) But what a special gift to know your child has found that special one !

      Delete
  7. Hi Elaine~
    I'm so glad you stopped to "see" me today! Yes, we do follow a lot of the same blogs and have similar interests! Your cars are so darling and whimsical! I love them. I have to go check out your Christmas barn. Congratulations on the engagement...mothers will do just about anything for their kids, right? You'll have lots of fun helping with the planning!
    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Love your Santa Barns! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a sweet story of a wedding proposal and engagement, and I like your cute trucks and Christmas ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh. How did I unfollow. Signed back up. I love love those cars. Please join the mini swap. I think it's a smaller group this time. Nothing fancy at all. It's fun. Glad to refind you. Hugs. And congratulations. Pretty daughter.

    ReplyDelete