Wednesday, July 22, 2026

How does your garden grow

Inspired by the season I set out to attempt sunflowers and geraniums in 1:12 scale-ish  ... a first attempt for me  

I am using this blog to document my projects so I don't forget what I did and how I did it !!   

Sunflowers and Geraniums in the making 

For sunflowers I started by painting coffee filters for the leaves and the petals but didn't like the color for the petals so I decided to try a petal from an artificial silk sunflower, painted it with clear glue to stiffen/prevent the edges from fraying, then I cut the mini petals individually ... This would not be fun if mass producing sunflowers ! 

For the leaves I painted a coffee filter with acrylic paint and once dry found I could easily punch with a leaf shaped paper punch. I am told many use tissue paper vs coffee filter. The center is a plastic disc from a $ tree hair roller, disassembled, but still working on this so likely won't repeat.  Also the leaves aren't the correct shape, but I used the punch I had on hand ... so unlike me not to run out and buy one lol.  



The geraniums on my to-do list for literally years, this my first go at it ... I used a tutorial from this great site THX Kris 


  https://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search/label/Geraniums#google_vignette

I bought the punch long ago, shape not visible due to glare is tiny geranium petal   To attach to the stem I used floral tape as pictured, cut into thin strips, then glued one end to the petal and the other to the wire/stem. Tedious process start to finish but I am pretty happy with the results.  Now to decide what kind of container to use to display them      


See ya later, E



No comments:

Post a Comment