Friday, April 22, 2011

Chug'n Along


It's hard to believe that it Easter is only one day away!  This month has gone by pretty fast but at times really slow.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers for my Aunt, she died peacefully on April 7th so the last couple of weeks have been pretty hard.  She was the last living relative of her generation and very special to me and my daughter.  My mother died before my daughter was born and Aunt Chob (pronounced with short vowel sound) was like a Grandmother to Laura.

Aunt Chob had a life long battle with her weight, and in 1981 had wt. loss surgery; it no doubt saved her life.  The picture above is how I remember my Aunt Chob from my childhood.  I remember when this photo was taken she had lost several pounds.  She always liked to dress up, she looks really happy here. The interesting thing to me about this picture are the cameras in the bottom corners of the pic.  If it weren't for Aunt Chob and her camera there would be very few pictures of me and the cousins.  Aunt Chob loved to take pictures.  
Aunt Chob was mighty proud of Laura and I.  Laura is an actor and Aunt Chob loved to see Laura perform.  The pic above is a few years ago following one of Laura's college shows, she was nurse Ratched in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".  (I'm look'n pretty bad here. I was knee deep in chemo, had no hair and a very few blood cells) 


Aunt Chob loved the soap opera General Hospital and her dream was to see Laura on "her show" ...  well that didn't happen but ironically during one of Aunt Chob's final semi-lucid days we were at her beside watching TV and the ACM (Academy of Country Music) award show was on.  The country duo Steel Magnolia was nominated for New Vocal Duo of the year and a segment of their video "Last Night Again" was aired.  Laura had been cast in the video and it was filmed last summer.  So there was L's (for 2 seconds) on national TV!!  Aunt Chob seemed to smile ... we cried.  We miss you Aunt Chob :)


(Laura in black/white cks on left) http://www.cmt.com/videos/steel-magnolia/606489/last-night-again.jhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment